At Telmate, we’re building tools and services that help increase communication and education while reducing recidivism to those incarcerated in secure facilities. Our products help those on the inside keep that vital connection to the ones they love on the outside.
Come be a part of a team that’s creating cutting-edge solutions for communication in a niche industry. We’re looking for a Senior Visual Designer to join our growing product design team.
- Use your product, visual & interaction design skills to bring new features to life for our web, touch-screen & mobile applications.
- Take high-level concepts and develop concrete features and pixel-perfect UI designs.
- Brainstorm and contribute feature ideas and improvements.
- Work with our front-end prototype developer to fine tune interaction & feature details.
- Communicate your ideas effectively to the team & upper management; accept critique & feedback as part of the creative process.
- Mentor other designers, share industry news and insights.
San Francisco (a 5 minute walk from the Embarcadero BART station)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- The ability to work with a dynamic team in a creative environment where you’ll be recognized and rewarded for your hard-work and ideas!
- Good salary and benefits + lots of in-office perks and off-site team-building activities
- 5+ years of visual design experience
- Excellent iconography skills
- Plays well with others
- Experience with mobile design
- Strong understanding of touch screen interaction design
- Excited about learning new technologies
- Bonus points if you’ve had experience designing for those with low tech literacy.
Telmate is the industry leader in providing unified communication, video conferencing, video messaging, SMS, online games, social networking, academic advancement, and more. We have offices in California and Oregon and bring advanced end-to-end solutions to government facilities of all sizes with nearly 200 installations across 40 states and 2 Canadian provinces. With a client footprint across the US and Canada, over 5 million users benefited from our product in 2011, and we have been growing by 40% every year for the last six years. Our products and services are at a point where other companies can’t compete with us in technology and cost. More importantly, our product offering provides a huge social value and helps keep friends and families connected
Here are some quotes from some of our employees about the work they do and why the love to work for Telmate:
“We work with telephony technologies such as Asterisk and AEL, which brings a whole new set of interesting and complex problems to solve. All that plus some fast-paced end-to-end ruby and web development”
“We use SCRUM and pair-programming – I wouldn’t want to write code under any other condition!”
“It’s a creative environment where I can continuously broaden my toolbox/skillset, giving me a different perspective and new approaches to problems.”
“I like that we’re not trying to trick customers into clicking our ads or selling their information; what we do makes a difference out there.”
“We have variety – we build open source, we build giant data clusters, we refine touch screen UIs, tweak MP3 recording quality, train voice-to-text agents, all in the same day.”
“Our competitors are mega corporations who gouge our clients on fees; we out-smart them and out-class, every day, then deliver quality and affordable products.”
“We are very successful, but still small enough that you can own a project and make a difference.”
“We are a mature, stable, fast-growing start-up. That makes for a fast-paced, exciting, safe work/career environment.”
NOTE: This is a full-time, salaried position in our San Francisco offices – Some travel may be required – You must pass a felony background check.
SEND US YOUR RESUME
Please apply by sending us a resume to email@example.com and tell us what you are looking for.