Telmate is an industry leader in managed telecommunications for governments, where we innovate disruptive technology from our offices in California and Oregon. Our systems carry tens of millions of minutes of voice every month. We have customers in 40 U.S. states and two Canadian provinces and are adding more all the time.
This is not your normal web application gig – we’re not making another Twitter clone for your grandma. We dabble in all aspects of computing, from trying to scale Ruby on Rails, to building our own hardware, to smashing it with hammers — seriously, with actual hammers. This is a key role and you’ll be right in the thick of it from day one.
Things are going so well we need to hire a Sr. Ruby developer immediately! You’ll play a key role in the development, enhancement, and support of both front-end applications for user-experience and back-end applications that integrate into MySQL database and Asterisk VoIP server.
Typically this includes:
- Development of new features for our platform. Typically requiring 2 days to 2 weeks of effort.
- Bug-squashing for more complicated issues.
- Integration with 3rd party web services.
- Development and maintenance of automated testing and deployment systems.
- Working with Jr Ruby Developers to help them expand their knowledge and improve techniques.
This is a key role and you’ll be right in the thick of it from day one.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 7+ years of overall software development experience
- 3+ years service-based software development experience
- Strong C programming skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Ruby – Gem development (Ruby on Rails preferred)
- Java development experience
- SQL development skills (preferable with MySQL)
- Multi-threaded development
- Asterisk Dialplan / AEL experience
- Visual Basic
- This is a full-time, salaried position in our San Francisco offices
- Occasional travel may be required
- You must pass a Federal background check.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Includes paid healthcare, paid vacation and technology perks
SEND US YOUR RESUME
Please apply by sending us a resume to email@example.com and tell us what you are looking for.