Telmate is looking for a talented Senior Mobile Apps Developers, with a proficiency in Android applications development. You will be part of a niche team of developers in a niche industry but you will be creating the framework for our next generation prototype products (by the way, be sure to ask us about our Employee Patent Program). This position will be responsible for developing and porting the Telmate applications across multiple mobile platforms and stay current in various mobile handset technologies.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and port feature rich mobile multimedia applications on Android platforms
- Work closely with Product & Project Management on feature definition and project schedules
- Work on complex software infrastructure for VERY user-friendly interface
- Participate in bug-scrubs and provide technical guidance to the test teams to build manual and automated test suites
- Actively investigate new technologies
What’s in it for you:
- Exceptional compensation package (DOE) that includes a healthy salary raise every six months + fully paid benefits: paid healthcare, paid vacation, technology perks, team-building days off with your teammates
- The ability to work with a dynamic team in a creative environment where you’ll be recognized and rewarded for your hard-work!
- Ground floor opportunity to work with a company that is growing very quickly while being debt-free and financially solid
- Lots of in-office perks like lunches, breakfast, snacks/drinks, massage day, and more…
- Every other Friday afternoon OFF for team-building, which can vary from outside activities to in-house guest speakers (all decided by the team)
Please apply if you have:
- 3+ years of [commercial] software development experience working with Android mobile platforms
- 8+ years of software development
- Hands on experience working with scripting languages such as Ruby, Python, Perl.
- Experience with commonly known server technologies, applications and environments such as Apache, Linux, etc.
- Experience with networking protocols such as TCP/IP
- Experience working with streaming video and audio
- 4 year Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
- iOS experience is a PLUS
- Adobe Flash and/or Adobe Air is a PLUS
- Lead experience is a PLUS
- Having Apps in the Android Market and/or iPhone/iPad AppStore
- Knowledge about software architecture and development on the server side of a web application
- Knowledge and experience on Web Development (html, CSS etc.)
- Proficiency in data modeling, RBMS and MySQL
Extra Extra Credit
- Those who provide CODE SAMPLES will be given priority in the selection process
- This is a full-time, salaried position in our San Francisco offices
- You will need to pass our felony background check
- Occasional travel might be required
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis for any employer
Telmate is the industry leader in providing unified communication, video conferencing, video messaging, SMS, online games, social networking, and academic advancement to secured facilities. We have offices in California and Oregon and bring advanced end-to-end solutions to government facilities of all sizes with nearly 200 installations across 40 states and 2 Canadian provinces. With a client footprint across the US and Canada, over 5 million users benefited from our product in 2012, and we have been growing by 40% every year for the last six years.
SEND US YOUR RESUME
Please apply by sending us a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you are looking for.