Compensation: San Francisco, CA (five minutes from the Montgomery BART station)
Location: DOE + excellent benefits
- 3 years or more of experience preparing quantitative reports in technical or operational settings, managing regular reports on a set deadline, as well as writing ad hoc reports on demand.
- Extensive data report writing, statistical analysis, organization of large quantities of data, interpretation of data correlations, patterns, variances and trends, therefore, reporting on operational performance is crucial.
- Ability to write SQL queries using large amounts of data (Terabytes) to be summarized into a presentable format.
- The ability to communicate to non-technical audiences the meaning of data mined.
- Ability to identify data inconsistencies, provide workarounds and report them to the product owners.
- Identify/Verify data inconsistencies, and provide solutions or corrections to ETL processes.
- Performs ongoing auditing to validate process successes and define requirements for needed enhancements to applications.
- Reviews testing scripts, validate test results and occasionally executes test scripts for complex projects.
- Creates Profitability and ROI analysis for projects, etc.
- Provides application and process subject matter expertise for business clients and technical resources.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Statistics or Business.
Skills & Qualifications
- Business/ financial analysis, data mapping, data mining, data modeling
- Ability to write complex queries in MySQL
- Superior skills with Excel, PowerPoint, Business Intelligence software and statistical analysis.
- Experience with Jasper iReport Designer would be a huge PLUS
- Some Programming skills, present or past, is highly preferred and would be a huge PLUS.
- Ability to read, analyze, financial reports
- Perform analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and understanding of data warehousing
- Experience developing reporting and / or providing data analysis
- A self-starter who is willing to follow processes from start to finish
- Willingness to figure out how to complete a project when the path is not always apparent, at first
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Any experience from the Telecom industry would be a huge PLUS